Questions about MOS school and dependents.
Create Post

Questions about MOS school and dependents.

Hello Marines.

I DEP'd in at the beginning of January and ship out Sept. 20th. I will be signing an AG (Enlisted Aircrew) contract.

I have a few questions for any of the Crew Chiefs on the board.

1. Is the training schedule given here ( http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/TIP2006/TI...mos_tracks.pdf ) still accurate for the 614x MOS?

2. I see that I have an initial school in Pensacola, then SERE, then 2 airframe specific schools at either MCAS New River or Camp Pendleton. The schools are 26, 12, ~55, and ~100 days respectively. Will the Marine Corps move dependents to my final schools (which are at the same location for ~155 days)?

3. If the Corps will move dependents to my final school, would they be able to move 2 weeks early, while I'm attending SERE?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and whatever advice you give me.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I can't say this for sure but usually only your dependents are allowed with you once you are permanent party somewhere.

Thank you for you quick reply.

I know that is generally the case, but I've heard from a few Marines that the longer MOS schools will allow dependents.

Just trying to get some information.

I think you would be pretty lucky to get permission to have them move with you. It would be pretty rare to have someone in student status living off base, and there's no way they're going to live ON base.

And certainly, no, the Marine Corps is not going to move them. If it happens it will be on your dollar.

For any Poolees that are looking for this answer (I know I wasn't able to find it anywhere else on the net)

I spoke with the GySgt. at my recruiting station today, who called a friend of his (SSgt. at another station who was a Crew Chief) to get the correct answer.

The Corps obviously will not send dependents to Pensacola, however once you are at your final school (either MCAS New River or Camp Pendleton) you are able to live with your family. I was told this is because Airframe school can last from as short as 6 months to almost a year, due to flying conditions and night flying moonlight.

Thank you for your help, Marines.

Usually if the school is over 6 months, dependants can join you. "Usually".

Thread Information